10,000 CALLS/TEXTS/FRIEND-TO-FRIEND CONTACTS FOR RASHIDA AND ABE
Detroit DSA has endorsed two incredible Detroit DSA members and working class champions for office! The incomparable Rep. Rashida Tlaib is running for re-election as the Member of Congress for Detroit’s 13th Congressional District. Community organizer and Hamtramck native Abe Aiyash is running for State Rep in District 4, representing portions of Detroit and all of Hamtramck.
Abe and Rashida are both on the ballot August 4th, and we need every single one of you to ensure their victory. Rashida and Abe are both in tight races where every vote makes a difference. The stakes have never been clearer - in the midst of a raging pandemic that has laid bare the cruelty of the status quo, we need two unabashed champions for Medicare for All in the halls of power.
An unprecedented challenge requires unprecedented people power. That's why we're launching Organize to Win. We have an ambitious goal to make 10,000 calls, texts, and friend to friend contacts to voters for Rashida and Abe by election day, August 4th.
Contacting voters — by call, text, facebook message, tweet — is the most important way you can help our campaign! When you contact voters, you help us identify our supporters so we can turn them out to vote and win.
Sign up below to elect two socialists and working class champions to office!
Volunteer for Phonebanking!
Thursdays at 6:30 PM
Can't make the phonebanking events? No problem! You can do it on your own time.
Sunday, July 5th Canvass for Abe & Rashida
- We will be using the MiniVAN app to do so. Please download the app and set up your account.
Click here to download on iPhone
Click here to download on Android
- Please arrive at the campaign office at 10034 Joseph Campau Ave Hamtramck, MI 48212, 15 minutes prior to your shift for a MiniVAN training and to pick up campaign material.
- We want you comfortable and safe while you knock doors! Because of COVID-19 safety concerns, please wear a mask. We have extra masks at the office if you forget.
- There’s going to be lots of walking so wear comfortable walking shoes and bring water with you to stay hydrated! Since you’ll be using the MiniVAN app, please have a fully charged phone or bring a portable charger with you.
- Some people like carrying things in their hands, while some prefer to tote it. Please bring a tote bag/backpack to carry literature/materials.
- Lastly bring your smile! Even if it’s hidden under your mask, people will see it in your eyes!
After finishing your shift, remember to return to the office to return literature and materials!
To preserve the integrity of our data and to protect voter information, we require that all volunteers fill out a Nondisclosure Agreement. Please do so at this link before you show up for your shift if you haven’t already done so.
If you have any questions, contact our Campaign Manager, Jihan Aiyash, at (313)505-4434.